Please note that Stormz don't support Internet Explorer.
We recommend upgrading to a modern browser: Firefox, Edge or Chrome.
The Open Space Technology (OST) is an approach to purpose-driven leadership, including a way for hosting meetings, open forum, conferences and community summit events.
It will enable an audience to focus on a specific purpose without any formal agenda, beyond the overall purpose or theme.
In this collaborative session, the audience is divided into small groups of discussion which have to write a report about their exchange.
Although one can't predict specific outcomes, it's always highly productive for whatever issue people want to attend to.
The BarCamp methodology and the unconference are conceptually similar to Open Space Technology (OST).
Picture from Alexander Shepherd - Barcamp Rhein-Neckar
Identify some issues or opportunity related to the theme that you would like to discuss.
- Think of powerful and inspiring topics that you really want to be addressed. Click on Add a card, write it down and click on Create card.
- If you're ready to lead this discussion, click on Add attachments and make a selfie so other participants can recognize you.
Note to the facilitator:
- You can start this workshop with a circle where everybody presents itself.
- The theme statement must inspire participation by being specific enough to indicate the direction while possessing sufficient openness.
Read all the contributions:
- If you're interested in joining a group discussion about a topic, add a comment on the card with your name.
- If you're interested in leading a group discussion about a topic who have no leader yet, add a selfie on the card by clicking on Add attachments
- Topics without leader will be disqualified
Note to the facilitator:
- Once you have enough group discussion, provide them with an iPad, a place to meet and a time-slot if you have multiple sessions.
- Move the selected topics to the right area of the canvas and add information in the title. It's the bulletin board where participants can see where & when the discussions take place.
Once you are discussing with your group:
- The leader will have to fill out the report of your discussion on the iPad.
- To fill it out, click on your card and add elements in the different sections below. Click on the blue line underneath, write your contribution and click on Save.
- Participants can freely contribute to other conversations by switching group or by adding elements to other reports.
"If you are neither learning nor contributing, use your two feet, go someplace else." Harrison Owens - Laws of two feet